CARPOOL PROCEDURES & GUIDELINES
IAS is a non-busing school and therefore we have a large volume of vehicles during carpool. It’s imperative that you adhere to the carpool procedures below for the safety of staff, volunteers and scholars.
To ensure the safety of all stakeholders, inappropriate behavior during carpool or disregard for carpool procedures will not be tolerated. Failure to follow carpool procedures or disrespectful behavior towards staff or volunteers will be handled in the following manner.
- 1st infraction- parent will receive a warning/reminder of carpool procedures
- 2nd infraction- parent conference with Administration
- 3rd infraction- carpool access restriction (referral to the IAS Board)
CARPOOL DECAL: Each family will be given two (2) carpool numbers to identify their vehicle(s). Be sure that the laminated number is displayed in the front dashboard on the passenger side of the vehicle. Vehicles without a school-issued carpool number displayed as stated, will be asked to park and wait until carpool has ended to pick up their scholar(s). Please help the carpool staff and volunteers by complying with this simple request.
SCHOOL LOCATION: At the intersection of South Cobb Drive (GA 280) and Benson Poole Rd or South Cobb Drive (GA 280) and Pat Mell RD SE.
Road entrances to the facility can be found via Pat Mell Road, South Cobb Drive, and/or Benson Poole Road.
- All nd grades, drop-off/pick-up takes place in the FRONT of the building.
- CARPOOL TIMES:
- Morning Carpool 7:10-7:50 a.m. (queuing begins at 7:00 a.m.)
- Our instructional day begins at 7:45. Scholars arriving to their classroom after 7:45 will be considered tardy.
- Front carpool will remain accessible until 7:50
- After 7:50, parents must escort their scholar(s) to the building and sign them in at the front desk.
- Afternoon Carpool 2:45-3:30 p.m. (queuing begins at 2:15 p.m.)
- If you are not at the loading area by 3:15 you must park and come into the school to pick up your scholar.
- Doors open for walkers at 3:20pm.
MAPS and TRAFFIC FLOW:
Front Parking Lot: For all scholars except van riders
Enter the parking lot from the left side of the school building forming 2 lanes (A & C) and pull into the carpool area. Staff and volunteers will be ready to assist scholars out of the vehicle. Do not let your scholar(s) out of your car before pulling up to the unloading area. Please wait for staff/volunteer to be present before allowing your scholar to exit the vehicle.
Front Parking Lot: All students except van riders
Enter the parking lot from the left side of the school building forming 2 lanes (A & C) and pull into the carpool area. Do Not enter the carpool loading/unloading area until directed to do so by a staff member or volunteer. Once you have picked up your scholar(s), remove the laminated carpool card from your dashboard as a signal to the staff & volunteers that you are ready to exit the parking lot. (Lane B will be used as an exit lane for cars queued in lane A.)
Rear Parking Lot is for VAN Riders only Enter the rear carpool area from the right of building forming 2 lanes. Do Not enter the carpool loading/unloading area until directed to do so by a staff member or volunteer.
- To expedite arrival and dismissal all parents MUST utilize school carpool lanes only, and please have your scholar(s) ready to unload when pulling to the curb.
- Speed limit is 5 MPH in the parking lot and carpool loading/unloading area.
- No Cell Phones in loading/unloading area. This is imperative to ensure the safety of all scholars, staff, and volunteers.
- Do not leave your vehicle unattended at any time in the carpool loading/unloading area.
- For the safety of all involved, be sure to put your vehicle in park when loading/unloading scholar(s).
- Please do not engage volunteers or staff in discussions in the carpool line. If you have questions or concerns, please communicate to the appropriate faculty/staff member outside of designated carpool times.
- Scholar(s) not picked up by 3:30 p.m. will be sent to the After School Program. If you arrive after 3:30 p.m. you will be charged the program fee for that day.
- If your scholar is a “walker” (i.e. your scholar walks to and from school or use public transportation), please notify the front office.
- Walkers will be dismissed at 3:15.
- Parents will not have access to the school lobby to pick-up students until 3:20.
- Be patient, courteous and safe!
- Early pick-up for a medical/dental appointment must occur no later than 2:00 p.m.
- You may only utilize the parking lot directly in front of the school building when conducting school business, unless instructed otherwise.
- You may NOT park in the parking lots to the right or left of the school, i.e. Fortis College, Taco Bell/Burger, Farmer’s Market, during designated carpool times of the day.