International Academy of Smyrna
If you receive an Acceptance Letter for your child to attend at IAS, you will be asked to submit registration documents. You must submit the required registration documents by the deadline listed on your Acceptance Letter. This Registration Checklist provides a list of all documents that would need to be submitted.
Please Note: Partial documents will not be accepted.
The following documents MUST be submitted:
• STUDENT ENROLLMENT FORM
• AUTHORIZATION TO RELEASE RECORDS (GRADES K-8) – please do not take this form to the school. NOTE: IAS will send this form to request the records.
• PROOF OF RESIDENCE. You must live in the Cobb County School District. Cobb County has two school districts. Please verify your address at www.cobbk12.org. (See acceptable documents below)
• PROOF OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE (Birth Certificate, Passport or Adoption Record)
• IMMUNIZATION CERTIFICATE (OR RELIGIOUS EXEMPTION) – Expired certificates will not be accepted for enrollment. (Please refer to the Cobb County website to check the Immunization Requirements)
• CERTIFICATE OF VISION, HEARING AND DENTAL EXAM (must be within 12 months of enrollment)
• SOCIAL SECURITY CARD or SOCIAL SECURITY WAIVER
• CURRENT TRANSCRIPTS/REPORT CARD FROM PREVIOUS SCHOOL (GRADES 1-8)
• DISCIPLINE RECORD (this is the report card that the school sent to you)
• SPECIAL SERVICES DOCUMENTATION-if applicable (IEP, GIFTED, ESOL, RTI, SPEECH, 504 PLAN, EIP)
• PROOF OF LEGAL GUARDIANSHIP (if not birth parent)
• PROOF OF LEGAL CUSTODY (if divorced, separated)
Proof of Residence Documentation Requirements:
Residency as defined by the Georgia Board of Education rule 160-5-1-.28 shall mean the place where the student lives with a parent, guardian, or other person, unless the student is an emancipated minor. The student must be an occupant of a dwelling located within the Cobb County School District. Proof of residence shall be required when a student enrolls and whenever a change of residence occurs, unless the student is homeless. Please note that a P.O. Box is not acceptable as a residence address.
List of Acceptable Proof of Residence
You MUST provide 2 proofs of residence from the list below:
• Home Ownership Title
• Current Lease or Rental Agreement
• Current Utility Monthly statement (must be dated within last 30 days)
Note: If legal custody of a child is split between two parents, in addition to the documents listed above, you must also attach a certified copy of the most recent court order identifying each parent’s respective award of physical custody. You are responsible for immediately informing the school of any changes to the court order.
Registration Documents Drop-off Schedule:
Please see your acceptance letter/notification for drop-off times.