IAS Before School (BSP) and After School (ASP) Programs
IMPORTANT NOTE: For the 1st Semester, we will not have a Before Care Program.
The International Academy of Smyrna (IAS) provides a safe childcare option for parents with the After School Program. The program operates after carpool dismissal from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and serves kindergarten through fifth-grade students who are enrolled at IAS. The IAS After School program is licensed by Bright From the Start, Georgia’s authorizing agency for pre-K and childcare services.
During ASP, children engage in wholesome activities under the supervision of qualified Bright From the Start staff. A healthy snack is provided each day. Parents may pick their scholar up at any time after ASP starts but must get their child(ren) no later than 6:30 p.m.
BSP/ASP Registration: We are no longer accepting ASP registration for this semester. If you have any questions, please send an email to Ms. Lewis at email@example.com.
• ASP is a prepaid program. In order for scholars to attend, payment must be received the Thursday before the week of services.
• ASP costs $40.00 per week regardless of the days that you are in attendance.
• All payments may be made online through Infinite Campus School Store. https://gacloud2.infinitecampus.org/campus/portal/smyrna.jsp
Scholars must be picked up by to 6:30 p.m. If there is an emergency affecting your ability to be on time, you must call the ASP desk at 678-370-0980. There will be a $1 per minute fee imposed for Scholars picked up after 6:30 and starting at 6:31 pm. After three late pickups, you may be asked to withdraw from the After School Program.
- All balances from the previous year must be cleared before a child can be registered to attend the program.
- When picking up your scholar, you must bring your identification and carpool tag.
- Anyone picking up a scholar from the program is required to show identification AT ALL TIMES and required to be listed on the authorization for pickup form (Photo IDs required).
- Scholars wishing to leave ASP with another Scholar require an email granting permission from the parent/guardian prior to pick-up services changing.
- Use of the program is a privilege and a convenience for parents. Inappropriate behavior from Scholars or parents will not be tolerated. Parents are expected to be good role models by following the rules of the programs. Scholars will receive three documented disciplinary infractions before losing the opportunity to continue in the program unless the infraction requires immediate withdrawal.
- Snack and activities are provided with the cost of the program. Scholars may bring extra snacks if desired.
- Scholars will be given time each day to complete homework. If your child has a weekly homework folder, make sure it is sent to ASP daily. ALL Scholars must bring a book to ASP every day.
- Scholars may bring individual games to play during ASP.
- Any questions, concerns or comments can be directed as follows: