The International Academy of Smyrna is proud to be a part of the National Beta Club organization, a club that promotes leadership, scholarship, service, and character. Membership in this club is by invitation only and it is based on students who have shown exceptional academic achievement, positive moral character and attitude. Once a year, eligible 5th through 8th grade students are invited and inducted into the Jr. Beta Club.
- High academic achievement Grade Point Average (GPA): Academic scholarship is an ongoing requirement for all new and existing members. To that end, the following GPA is required –
- 5th , 6th, 7th, and 8th grade student for initial invitations/induction – 3.50 (minimum)
Students who transfer to IAS in the 5th through 8th grade are still eligible to be invited. They must do (1) of the following:
- Provide the club sponsor with a copy of the student’s previous school year’s grades and (2) letters of recommendation, where at least (1) is from the student’s previous teacher outlining why the student would be a good candidate for membership
- Students who are new to the International Academy of Smyrna and who attended a school that does not give traditional grades ( ex. Montessori ) must provide (2) letters of recommendation, where at least (1) is from the student’s previous teacher illustrating their academic accolades and character
- ALL students are required to maintain at least 3.50 GPA once inducted in to the club
The Beta Club Administrative Team will determine if the student is eligible to proceed with the invitation process.
All newly inducted members must complete at least 15 community service hours per school year.
Returning members are required to have at least 20 community service hours per school year.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our club sponsors, Ms. Thompson @ 678.370.0890 x208 or email, Mr. Hibbler at Kyle.Hibbler@iasmyrna.org